Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day dinner

On a whim we decided to go out for dinner last night to celebrate Valentine's Day. Trisha came by the shop and when I finished up the three of us headed over to Earnie's Restaurant.

We had intended on getting their Vday special that my sister had told us about: NY strip steak, salad, potato and soda for two. We walked in and were seated very quickly, but we had to go to the very back of the restaurant because most of the tables were already reserved. We waited and waited but no one ever came to take out order. Eventually we decided that none of us wanted steak and decided that we would all have their buffet. The BBQ on their buffet is usually excelent and I was looking forward to it.

We continued to wait and wait for service. I was ready to get up and leave when Trisha told Melissa to go ahead to the buffet. Melissa went to the buffet and came back and we still hadn't seen a waitress. At this point I'm more than ready to walk out, but Trisha insists that I let her handle it. She tells me to go ahead to the buffet and she would have our drinks at the table when I got back.

I went to the buffet and she walked up to the owner, hands him our menus and asks him if he can bring a Coke, sweet tea, and an un-sweatened tea to our table. That suddenly got the attention of almost the entire staff. Needless to say we were well taken care of after that.

In the end I didn't enjoy the BBQ that I wanted because it was too salty. Everything else was pretty good, and I really enjoyed the salad, so I guess it wasn't a total wash.

I've learned my lesson, though. Never go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. Go before or after, but never ever on Valentine's Day.

No comments: