Monday, February 12, 2007

Battlestar Galactica

If you know me then you already know that Battlestar Galactica is one of my favorite TV shows. The mini-series and the first season were definitely the best science fiction ever produced for TV and probably the best drama ever produced for TV.

Season two was great, but in my opinion it didn't quite reach the level of season one.

This season, I've become perplexed a bit. Some episodes are great, while others fall far below average. I realize that it's impossible to hit a home run with every episode, but it seems that the show has become more of a gamble recently.

Last night's episode, The Woman King, left me a bit confused. I admit that I was very tired and probably need to watch the episode again (thank goodness for DVR's), but I never got the reasoning behind setting up the camp of people on the Galactica. Was it explained and I just missed it, or was it just a cheap plot building stunt? Will we ever see these refugees again?

I did like that overall story of discrimination, and I think Agathon's character deserved a bit more fleshing out especially since he's done a few unpopular things recently, but the setup just seemed cheap and over the top to me.

Anyone else have any ideas? Post them in the comments.

3 comments:

Pictures of a Gone World said...

Maybe a letter writing campaign is in order. Ron Moore... LOOK OUT!

Michelle said...

I'll let you know after I watch it. I'm finally caught up other than the last episode.

Anonymous said...

Ok.. I see your points. I guess I need to download the podcast and see what Moore was thinking before passing final judgement on this one.